Learn Wicca / Faerie Tradition
RITUAL: HOW TO MEET A FAERIE
New Moon Occult Shop is the best place to source everything you need to do your own rituals. I recommend contacting them directly and asking for help finding just what you need as often they will source things they don't usually carry in stock.
Don't take this lightly. The Fey Folk are wild, and their integrity so
strong and unusual that you must be careful with them.
However, if you approach one correctly, he\she can be an honorable,
powerful and delightful friend and ally.
If you find you cannot handle the power of this rite, courteously end the
visit. If an evil entity arrives by accident, end the visit,
either with courtesy or rudeness, whichever is safest and most effective.
Do each numbered step before going onto the next.
1. Focus on the darkness of the mind's eye, the darkness that's
automatically there when your eyes are closed.
2. See that darkness filled with a glowing green, a Faerie green, a magic
3. Feel that magic, green, Fey glow start swirling around you, bathing you
in its beauty, bathing you in its magic.
4. Enjoy drinking in that magic for a minute.
5. Let that Fey power feed you, cleanse you, and give you things you need.
Let it work its magic on you.
6. Into that green mist, call out for a Faerie friend. Don't demand a
visit, for we do not control the Fey Folk. Invite with
warmth, courtesy, good will and good cheer.
7. Greet and welcome your visitor with dignity and courtesy. Ask his\her
name and his\her need of you. If no name is given you,
usually you should end the visit. When you meet someone on the physical
plane who will not tell you their name, there is usually
something awry, right?
8. Never lightly make an agreement with a Faerie. They take commitments
seriously. And are tricksters, who often have an
unusual view as to what life should be like. You may not want the same
goals as they.
9. Visit. Then do the following steps. If you fall asleep, your visit might
be happening on an unconscious level so you wouls still
need the following steps upon awakening.
10. If you would like, ask your visitor for something you need.
11. Make thanks for the visit, and for any help you were given. At this
point it may be appropriate to give or promise a gift, EG
a bit of food and drink left out at night.
12. Perhaps this spirit will become your friend for a while or even a
lifetime. You can use this ritual to visit with him\her again.
But for now say "Farewell."
13. After doing something like this ritual, one might be in an altered
state without realizing it. If you then do something like drive,
walk at night along a city street, or cook, you could possibly go through a
red light, get mugged, or burn yourself, all because
you were off in another world! So, after you finish step 12, do the
following two steps:
A. Spend some time consciously focusing on the embodied, mundane plane by
making your mind concentrate on physical
B. Then continue this focusing by looking both ways carefully when crossing
streets or paying special, conscientious attention to
kitchen safety or whatever focus is appropriate to the activity in which
you become involved. Use these two steps until you are
well focused onto the embodied plane.
You may feel very sharp and alert, so think there is no need for step 13.
Please do it anyway. For one thing, alert as you are,
you might be alert only to the SPIRIT plane! Take the time to become alert
to the physical realm. If you're feeling really spacy
or "out there" add body stretches or do some other very physical but safe
activity that will focus you onto your own body.
by Francesca De Grandis, copyright 1994.
Copyright remains with the original author of the work.